Thailand, Koh Phangan
What can I expect from Koh Phangan?
“Time and tide wait for no man.”
Koh Phangan is, one of the well-known islands, located south in the Gulf of Thailand, more exactly in the Surat Thani region. It is a treasure trove of natural beauty, entertainment and much, much more. From its infamous parties to its pristine beaches.
Koh Phangan has a reputation as a party island but don’t be fooled, there is plenty to discover as well as full moon parties, such as beautiful viewpoints, adventure, sunsets, wildlife, food and more.
Top tips for Thailand travel.
Girls just wanna have sun (set)!
One thing you should definitely not miss are the almost daily beautiful sunsets you can experience on Koh Phangan. Especially the west coast is ideal for that.
As sunsets are very popular with visitors on Koh Phangan, several cool sunset bars have popped up on the island. The Amsterdam Bar is the most famous sunset bar & almost filled up every night, so has a great ambiance for anyone who wants to have some sunset cocktails into the night.
No shortage of things to do!
Although with our retreats the itineraries are already planned for you, you will also get some free time to enjoy extra activities.
Koh Phangan has no shortage of things to do, see below some of the amazing acitivies on offer.
- Beaches : Koh Phangan’s beaches range from heavily developed to almost completely hidden, making it a great place to relax and sunbathe. Haad Rin Beach is the most crowded on the island, while Haad Yao and Thong Nai Pan offer a quieter and more relaxed atmosphere.
- Snorkelling : Koh Phangan’s clear water makes it a great place to snorkel. Good snorkelling is possible off the beach at Haad Chao Phao and Haad Yao.
- Diving : Koh Phangan is located close to several of the Gulf of Thailand’s best dive sites, including the well known Sail Rock. Numerous dive shops offer PADI and SSI dive courses, chartered dive trips and even wreck and night dives.
- Full moon parties : Koh Phangan is famous for its great beaches and relaxed lifestyle, but it’s infamous for its Full Moon Party – a huge monthly party that attracts as many as 30,000 people. The party is held in Haad Rin, although a number of other parties are held across the island on different dates.
- Hiking : If you can handle the heat, Koh Phangan is one of the most rewarding islands in Thailand for hiking. From the Khao Ra viewpoint to undiscovered beaches.
- Muay Thai : Several Muay Thai gyms operate on Koh Phangan, offering everything from beginner classes to one-on-one coaching.
- Moonlight cinemas : A great activity, if you want to take it easy one evening with a new friend, or even alone. The Moonlight Cinema is an open-air cinema with a cozy atmosphere. There are several daily showings of current films and older classics.
- Snacks and drinks are also provided at Moonlight Cinema : The tickets cost 150 baht ($4.50 USD) per person, but there are also cheaper tickets on special days.
Book Koh Phangan Retreat Now!
With experiences that include wake-Surfing, Hiking, Yoga, Kite-surfing, Muay Thai sessions and discovering the islands secret spots, Koh Pha-Ngan is truly unforgettable. As well as adventure, with this retreat, we will attend a local school building program giving you the opportunity to give back to the local community.
Did someone say food?
The Thai cuisine is known far beyond its borders and is considered one of the best cuisines in Asia and even worldwide. Delicious Thai food is often very fresh, healthy and naturally spicy.
Thailand’s exotic cuisine has made Thai food well-known throughout the world, and Thailand’s first-time visitors are easily overwhelmed by the rich variety of dishes available.
Thailand offers countless dishes to try, classic dishes such as Papaya Salad (Som Tam), Pad Kra Pao or even Green Curry. There are also some more exotic dishes such as Bami Kiau Grop, a noodle soup with crispy pork, vegetables, Wonton dumplings and yellow noodles. YUM!
Typical Costs When Travelling
When you come with us, almost everything is taken care of, however, it is nice to be prepared for the little extras that you will want to buy along the way.
Thailand is very cheap, food and souvenirs are very cost effective and a great holiday if you are on a tight budget.
The local currency is Thai Baht. We recommend you have an extra $20 USD per day, which is equal to around 656 Thai Baht.
This will be more than enough for anything extra that you would like to buy while on the retreat.
Beer is typically 50-80 baht ($1-$3 USD) & cocktails 100 – 150 baht ($3-$5 USD). Thai meal in local restaurant, starter 80 – 100 baht, main 100 – 150 baht, full fish 150 – 200 baht, seafood is usually measured and calculated by weight, by person.
This is the beauty of traveling in Thailand: the infrastructure happily accommodates all budgets.